Friday, October 16, 2009

Where Do I Fit In

The music business is a funny place. Lots of folks wanna jump in and tell you how to arrange your music, how to make it marketable. Of course I want to make money. It would be great to make a living doing what comes naturally to me, but does that mean I should conform my art to the perception of others, or just sing the words the way I hear them, the way I feel them. I don't want to edit myself. I want to dance to my own music. I don't know where I fit in, but I refuse to be molded by the music industry. It will either love me or ignore me. I know it's a long shot, but a girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

  1. some boys dream too. :)

    I like your words. A lot!!
    I say write'em, sing'em, go with whatever flows through your core. That's, well not to say your "purpose", but that's a true natural process of the life of a soul. Do your thang

    ReplyDelete